Applicants can participate in more than one application in a grant round. However, any organisation can only be a Lead Organisation for one application per grant round.
Applications will be assessed against the following:
- The significance of the problem that the project will address.
- The proposed solution, its impact and expected outcomes, and the strength and relevance of the existing evidence that supports the translation of the proposed solution.
- The project plan is appropriate, the aims are clear and targeted towards the priorities, and the timeline is feasible and well matched to the project aims.
- The project team has the skills and expertise to undertake and deliver the project.
- The budget is appropriate and justified, representing value for the research investment.
- Relevant governance oversight and risk mitigation strategies to support successful project completion.
- Relevant dissemination strategy in place to share outcomes with other organisations and enhance research impact.
- Project feasibility in achieving a translational outcome, translation/commercialisation capabilities, and the relevance of the commercialisation plan if successful.